Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Decorating Easter Cookies

Well, today is Day 3 of the 3-Day potty training...I am beginning to wonder if it really is only going to take 3 days or if I am going to be working on this longer. Adrianna woke up soaked again this morning and I had to give her another bath...she had actually pooped too...don't ask me how you can sleep right through that :).
She was doing pretty well this morning and then right before nap time she had two accidents and didn't make it to the potty at all for them. She did actually ask to go to the potty this morning twice by running over there and wanting to sit on her potty...(I was thinking wow, maybe she finally has the hang of this) but she just sat there for about 2 seconds each time and was done....so I don't know. She is down for her nap now...hopefully she will be dry when she wakes up...and the afternoon will be accident free....I am really hoping to be able to get out of the house tomorrow for Little Gym but don't want to take her if she is still have too many accidents and I refuse to go back to the diapers....we have tried this long...I am determined to follow through with it :).
While Adrianna was napping, I made some Easter/Spring shaped sugar cookies and she had fun decorating them....
Unfortunately, we were too busy decorating the cookies that I didn't get any pics...

She woke up wet from her nap and had to have yet another bath...good thing she loves the bathtub :). She had two more accidents throughout the evening and made it to the potty once for most of the one time and I once again praised her up and down and made sure she knew how proud I was of her. My patience is certainly being tested to the max and I am running on fumes....I don't know how much longer I can take all of these accidents and cleaning carpets and changing bed sheets but hopefully it will be well worth it in the end...I was just really hoping it would only take the three days...looks like it is going to take longer for us. I tried to get her to use the potty three times before bed but no luck...stopped the liquids about 2 1/2 hours before bed so hopefully she will be dry in the morning...I am off to rest and try to stay sane....

No comments:

Post a Comment