Thursday, April 9, 2009

We Got Out of the House....Yippee...

Well, the last time before today that I had been out of the house was Saturday night and if you guys know me.....I hate staying home all day even for one day in a row...I am always going somewhere...so this was certainly miserable for me. On Sunday I wasn't feeling good at all and then the last three days I have been working on potty training with Adrianna. Today was our day to go to Little Gym and I was determined that we would get out of the house for it. I still don't think she is really potty trained but I was going to take my chance and go anyways...I couldn't take being inside anymore. I stocked up the bag with plenty of dry underwear and about 4 sets of dry clothes...I was going to be over prepared and headed out...I even put a sheet on Adrianna's carseat..just in case. We made it to Little Gym dry and even made it through the whole class without any accidents...this was after not even going to the potty all morning...yippee. I was so happy for her making it through..the only problem was that she didn't really seem to enjoy Little Gym that much today after the first 10 minutes or so she noticed her diaper bag inside the gym instead of where we normally keep it because I wanted to keep it close in case she needed to use the potty and she noticed the pretzels inside of it and then was focused on the pretzels the rest of the class and got very upset that I didn't let her have any. She didn't participate for pretty much the rest of the class and just clung to me...I think it was a combination of wanting the pretzels, having underwear on which is different for her of course and this being the first day we had been out of the house for 3 days!! But I was so excited to make it through Little Gym without any accidents...but I didn't want to test it too much so we tried the potty before leaving...she sat but nothing...then we went through the drive-thru at McDonald's and I got her a Happy Meal for being such a big girl. Unfortunately, it is now almost 5 and she is just eating now.
She fell asleep on the way home and wouldn't wake up and ended up napping until about 4. Of course, I knew she would be wet when she got up since she hadn't gone all day yet and I was right...still working on the nap and bedtime dryness too...so she had to take yet another bath. I sure hope she askes me to use the potty the rest of the evening...this was suppose to work in three days...yeah right :).

No comments:

Post a Comment