Today, we had our usual Monday morning of storytime and our theme was all about fish today. Adrianna of course always loves storytime...books are her favorite.
Since it ends at 10:30 and that is just too early to go home we are always looking for something to do afterwards...but it is hard to come up with anything creative...at least when we can't play outside or anything. So we went over to Target with some friends and walked around a little while..didn't buy anything though...I had packed a lunch for us...but we decided to go to Chick-Fil-A for lunch so that the kids could play in the play area there. So I used my coupon to get a free sandwich that I had there and then Adrianna ate a very small amount of the lunch that I had brought for her....she just hasn't seemed interested in eating at all today.
Then tonight...one of my friends that I used to teach with came over for dinner with her grandson that she is raising. He is 5 and Adrianna enjoys playing with him. We used to go out to eat about twice a month or so...but now with the economy and such and me not working we haven't been meeting up as often. The last two times that we have gotten together we have eaten dinner here and I have actually enjoyed that more. I don't mind cooking at all...and I would be making dinner for us anyways. I enjoy having someone to eat dinner with besides Adrianna (even though she is fun...it's nice to have adult conversation) since Josh doesn't get home until at least 7:30 most nights...we have already eaten. I used to wait for him to eat dinner but now that I am pregnant I just can't wait that late....:). It is nice to have the time to actually sit down and talk and for the kids to have some toys and stuff to play with and be as loud as they want and we don't have to feel like we are rushed like in a restaurant. I enjoyed having them over tonight and look forward to the next time that we all can get together.
No comments:
Post a Comment