Today was our Friday to go to MOPS...we had a "Get it Done" session where us Mom's could work on things that we normally don't get the chance to get done at home..such as writing out cards, menu planning and working on crafts/scrapbooking. I of course brought in all of my scrapbooking stuff to work on...I didn't get too much accomplish..you really need several hours to committ to working on that..but I still had a great time.
We also did a casserole exchange...where each of us brought in a casserole that we put together but didn't bake yet along with recipes to share and we played a "yankee swap" type game with them to see what casserole you would get to take home with you. Basically what happened was we each got a number and then got to choose the casserole that we wanted or we could take someone else's casserole but each casserole could only be "stolen" two times. I did have mine "stolen" once and then I "stole" someone else's once as well. As I stated in my post on Tuesday I took Baked Spaghetti for my casserole and I came home with Enchilada Lasagna...which looks and sounds really yummy...looking forward to trying that tonight for dinner and trying out some of the other recipes as well.
Adrianna always enjoys going to MOPS as well because she gets the chance to hang out and play with many other kids her age in the nursery and has a blast.
On a side note...a couple of weeks ago I thought that I would just ask Adrianna what she wanted to wear for the day...well she loved this idea and picked out her own clothes for the day. Now pretty much everyday she has been enjoying picking out her own clothes....sometimes with a little help:). Today, I knew that it was kind of cold and windy out so I thought pants would be better...well when I opened up the drawer with her pants and shirts in...she shook her head no...closed the drawer and pointed to her closet...she wanted to wear a dress...(I didn't get a chance to take a pic with her in it...before lunch and she got it dirty and i changed her) but she picked her dress with the little poddle dog on it...when she got to MOPS this morning...everyone was telling her how cute she looked and she knew exactly what they were saying...she was so proud and she just strutted around as if saying "everyone look at me...I am so pretty..."
No comments:
Post a Comment